Group Swim Lessons
Ellis Certified Swim Lessons
Come join us this summer at the Dow Park Pool for Ellis Certified Swim Lessons for your child with our certified lifeguards. Classes meet Tuesday through Friday (Mondays reserved for rainouts). For Water Exploration and Safety (formerly known as Baby Splashes), (ages 3 months to 3 years) an adult must be in the water with the child. Registration for Swim Lessons can be done online, in person at the Deer Park Community Center or over the phone at 281-478-2050. Registration begins in April.
Summer Registration Dates
- Priority Registration (online only): April 20 - 26
- Priority and Resident Registration (online and in person): April 27 - May 3
- Registration Open to all: May 4
- $50/swimmer/session 5 & up
- $40/swimmer/session for Water Exploration and Safety & Pre-School (classes are 30 minutes)
- $35/swimmer for Saturday Session
- $25/swimmer for Adaptive Swimming (classes are 30 minutes & Saturdays only)
- $60/swimmer/session 5 & up
- $50/swimmer/session for Water Exploration and Safety & Pre-School (classes are 30 minutes)
- $45/swimmer for Saturday Session
- $35/swimmer for Adaptive Swimming (classes are 30 minutes & Saturdays only)
9-9:45 a.m. OR 10-10:45 a.m. (pre-school and Water Exploration and Safety only meet for 30 minutes)
Three sessions are offered during the summer and each session consists of 8 classes. We also have a Saturday session, which meets for 6 Saturdays for the Pre-school & Beginner level and Water Exploration and Safety.
Session I: June 2 - 12
Session II: June 16 - 26
Session III: July7 - 17
Saturday Session: June 13 - July 25
- Water Exploration and Safety (Adult must be in pool)
- Pre-school I (ages 3-4)
- 5 year old Beginners (age 5)
- Advanced Beginners
Levels for swimming lessons are assessed based on
- Age of the child,
- Discretion of the parent, and
- Discretion of the lifeguard/instructor.
If we feel your child belongs in another class based on either age, attention span, skill level, or interaction with others, we reserve the right to evaluate them and move them to a class better fit for their needs.
Please pick up or print out a Swim Parent Handbook prior to the beginning of your session.
If lightning is detected within an 8-mile radius of the Dow Park Pool, the Aquatics professional staff will inform persons in the pool areas. Once pool patrons have been informed of the lightning situation they will have the option of leaving the pool or staying until the weather clears. If patrons choose to leave the pool, they should not use showers or land line telephones, and Lifeguards will be trained to provide this information to patrons, as appropriate.
If a severe weather warning is received from the City of Deer Park Emergency Services or another reliable weather source indicating a severe thunderstorm/tornado is present in the area and patrons should take cover, Dow Park patrons will be evacuated to a safe zone(s). The lifeguards, swim lesson instructors, aquatic supervisor and/or group fitness class instructor will instruct patrons to leave the pool and take shelter in the pool locker rooms. Once an all clear is received patrons will be allowed to return to the pool.
You may choose to call the Deer Park Community Center or Dow Park Pool prior to driving to the building if you are coming for swimming lessons. Please call 281-478-2050 OR 281-478-2055 for information concerning lessons and severe weather closures. Unless there is a severe weather warning, we will stay open for swimming lessons! Instructors are not guaranteed and will be assigned based on availability.